American Bass Anglers Top 150 Solo Series
2021 Series Information
The Top 150 Solo Series is designed to provide anglers with a mid-level tournament series with an affordable entry fee and a higher payback. The series will have a 150-boat field and will offer $20,000 to 1st place and total pay back to the top 20 percent of the field (30 places). This is a boater only series, with each event held on Friday/Saturday and offers anglers a chance to advance to the Ray Scott Championship.
150 SOLO SERIES SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Due to governmental requirements on preventive measures of COVID-19 and, until further notice – social distancing and face coverings will be required at all ABA tournament functions including on-site registration, morning boat launch and rules meeting, during weigh-ins and awards presentations. REMINDER – all events will operate slower than normal due to COVID restrictions so, please be patient.
The 150 Solo Series will begin its inaugural season with two divisions, one in the Southeast and one in the Southwest, dates and lakes are:
Date Lake Ramp
2/26-27/2021 Eufaula AL Lake Point
4/30-5-1/2021 Guntersville AL Goose Pond
6/25-26/2021 Chickamauga TN Dayton Boat Dock
Date Lake Ramp
2/5-6/2021 Toledo Bend LA Cypress Bend
3/26-27/2021 Sam Rayburn TX Cassels Boykin
4/30-5/1/2021 Eufaula OK South Point
Registration – Registration opens on October 26, 2020 at 8:00am Central Time for package and deposit entries. Priority will be given to anglers registering for all events within a division (three events) or paying a non-refundable deposit for all events within a division. Registration will open on November 2, 2020 at 8:00am Central Time for those anglers signing up for single events. Single event entries will be placed on a waiting list. The preferred way to register is on line at www.americanbassanglers.com or call 256-232-0406. Please note that the quickest way to register and secure a position is by signing up online.
Entry Fee – $600 per event
- Divisional Package Registration - $1800, three events within a division, will be given priority slot. If more than 150 registrations are received, anglers will be placed on a waiting list in order of date and time of entry.
- Divisional Registration Deposit - $900, non-refundable deposit will be accepted for all events within a division and be given priority entry. The balance of entry fee will be due on or before January 25, 2021, no exceptions. If more than 150 registrations are received, anglers will go on a waiting list based on date and time of entry.
- Single Event Registrations - $600, per event, all single registrations will go on a waiting list. If an event has less than a full field for an event, anglers from the waiting list will be selected to fill the vacant slots based on date and time of registration.
- Waiting List – Anglers on the waiting list will be selected for events based on the date/time of registration, anglers will be notified ten days prior to the event of their acceptance. Any angler on the waiting list not accepted to an event will receive a full refund or have the entry moved to another event.
- Off Limits – There will be no off limits for any event however, official practice will be Monday through Thursday the week prior to the event.
- On-Site Check-in – Social distancing and Face covering is required – On-site check-in will be from 4-6pm on Thursday the day prior to the start of competition. The check-in location will be at the weigh-in stage at the ramp. At the conclusion of check-in, a text message will be sent to all anglers with their launch position (boat number).
- Rules and Safety Briefing –Rules/Safety briefing will be conducted on the water after all anglers have launched. We ask that anglers allow enough time to launch and be in the water before safe light.
- Tournament Weigh-in – Distancing and Face covering are required throughout weigh-in. Weigh-in will be conducted at the launch site with extra precautions to allow for distancing requirement. Anglers may use their weigh-in bags to bring fish to the scales however, after presenting your catch only ABA weigh-in bags will be used for weighing. ABA weigh-in bags will be available at the release boat.
- Awards Presentations – Distancing and Face covering are required throughout the presentations of awards.
Angler Points and Advancement –
- Points – Anglers will accumulate points based on their place of finish at events. Points will be awarded starting with 250 points going to the winner and reduced by one point per place of finish. Anglers not weighing fish will receive 50 show points.
- Advancement – The winner of an event will automatically earn a slot in the Ray Scott Championship (Win Your In), providing the angler has fished all events within that division.
- Angler of the Year – Each division will have an Angler of the Year (AOY). Divisional Angler of the Year will be determined by the total points accrued by an angler after fishing all events within a division. Each AOY will receive an automatic slot in the Ray Scott Championship plus they will receive paid entry fees for the following season ($1800 value).
- Payout – Payout will be determined by the total number of entries in an event. Based on a full field (150 boats), 1st Place will receive $20,000, and 20 percent of the field (30 places) will receive a check. In the event there are more or less than 150 boats, the payout will be adjusted plus/minus based on a percentage of increase or decrease in entries. The following is a payout matrix based on 150 boats:
Entry Fee: $600 Per Event
Full Field: 150
|Southeast Division Registration Opens Oct 26|
Southwest Division Registration Opens Oct 26
|2/5-6/2021||Toledo Bend||Cypress Bend|
|3/26-27/2021||Sam Rayburn||Cassel Boykin|
|4/30-5/1/2021||Eufaula OK||South Point|