2018 Championship Rules - Link
Launch and Weigh-In Site: Green Pond Landing & Event Center, 470 Old Green Pond Road; Anderson, SC 29625 VIDEO
Host Community: Anderson County Convention & Visitors Bureau http://www.visitanderson.com/
Official Practice: Safelight on Sunday, October 21, 2018, until 3:00 pm on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 .
Off-Limits: The Lake Hartwell tournament waters will be off limits beginning at sunset on September 23, 2018, until safe light October 21, 2018
AFT Director's Meeting: 5:00 PM on Monday, October 22, 2018, at McFalls Landing
Onsite Registration: 2:30-5:00 PM on Tuesday, October 23, 2018 at Anderson Civic Center
Onsite Safety and Pairing Meeting: 6:00 PM on Tuesday, October 23, 2018, at Anderson Civic Center
Tournament Days: Wednesday, October 24th, Thursday, October 25th and Friday, October 26th.
Awards Banquet: 6:00 PM on Friday, October 26, 2018, at Anderson Civic Center
Host Hotels: TBD
Tuesday Meeting - Anderson Civic Center
3027 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
Anderson, SC 29625
Banquet - Mcfalls Landing
1625 Broadway Lake Rd
Anderson, SC 29621
2018 American Fishing Tour Championship Lake Hartwell Liability Release
In consideration of being allowed to participate in the American Fishing Tour operated by American Bass Anglers fishing tournament series for 2018 I acknowledge and agree to the following:
1. The risk of injury, disability, death, loss or damage to person or property from the activities involved in the tournament(s) is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist.
2. If I am using my own boat in the tournament(s), I certify that I now have or will obtain prior to the tournament series, Boat Owners Liability Insurance (including coverage for third party property damage and bodily injury) with no Tournament Exclusion, having a minimum limit of at least $100,000.00 per occurrence. The insurance must be issued by a reputable insurer rated A or better by A.M. Best and Co. At ABA's request, I will provide satisfactory evidence of insurance.
3. I have been advised by ABA, and have had the opportunity to seek legal counsel with respect to the legal effect of this document.
4. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL RISKS REFERRED TO ABOVE, BOTH KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES (AS DEFINED BELOW) OR OTHERS, AND ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR RISKS ARISING FROM MY PARTICIPATION IN THE TOURNAMENT(S;)
5. I willingly agree to comply with the terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard(s) in my presence or during participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately.
6. I, FOR MYSELF AND ON BEHALF OF MY HEIRS, ASSIGNEES, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES AND NEXT OF KIN, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS American Bass Anglers, Inc. ., ITS PARENT AND AFFILIATED COMPANIES, THE OFFICERS, OFFICIALS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, AND/OR EMPLOYEES OF EACH, OTHER PARTICIPANTS, AND SPONSORING AGENCIES, SPONSORS, ADVERTISERS, AND, IF APPLICABLE, OWNERS AND LESSORS OF PREMISES AND PROPERTY USED TO CONDUCT THE EVENT (“RELEASEES”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PERSON OR PROPERTY, WHICH I SUFFER OR WHICH I AM FOUND TO HAVE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY MY NEGLIGENCE OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES, OR OTHERWISE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. If there are any questions raised by the judges or officials of ABA as to my veracity in respect to my participation in any tournament, I agree to submit to a polygraph examination and understand that failure to pass the examination will result in disqualification. I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENTAND THE ATTACHED RULES, FULLY UNDERSTAND THEIR TERMS, UNDERSTANDTHAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY.
8. PUBLICITY. In consideration for permission to participate in the Tournament, I (Contestant) hereby grant to American Bass Anglers, Inc. its assignees and/or licensees (including television production companies contracted by ABA ), the unconditional right to use my name, voice, photographic likeness, biographical information, fishing tips and/or instructions in any medium whatsoever, including but not limited to video/audio productions, merchandising, promotions, articles, and/or press releases, in connection with ABA and/or the American Fishing Tour, without restriction as to changes or alterations at any time. I understand that I will not be entitled to receive any royalties or other compensation in connection with such use and waive my right to review the finished product. By my signature below I verify that I have read and understand the foregoing provisions.
PARTICIPANT's SIGNATURE Age if under 18:______________ Date__________________
PRINT CONTESTANT NAME HEREFOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS OF MINORITY AGE PARTICIPANTS (UNDER AGE 18 AT TIME OF REGISTRATION)I, AS PARENT/GUARDIAN DO HEREBY CERTIFY THAT I HAVE LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE PARTICIPANT AND I AGREE AND GIVE MY CONSENT TO HIS/HER RELEASE AS PROVIDED ABOVE OF ALL THE RELEASEES, AND, FOR MYSELF, MY HEIRS, ASSIGNEES, AND NEXT OF KIN, I RELEASE AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASEES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES INCIDENT TO MY MINOR CHILD’S OR WARD’S INVOLVEMENT OR PARTICIPATION IN THESE PROGRAMS AS PROVIDED ABOVE, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
EMERGENCY PHONE NUMBER(S) ______________________________________________________________________