American Bass Anglers Special Tournament Guidance
(Scroll down for tournaments that have been rescheduled)
Athens, AL. (Updated) April 24, 2020…. Today American Bass Anglers is being proactive in providing guidance on all ABA tournaments scheduled between March 20th and May 2nd. First and foremost, the safety of our anglers is of the utmost importance and concern and we are taking steps to ensure their safety at all upcoming events. As a result of national and local guidelines, all ABA one and two-day tournaments will continue as normal with on-site modification to procedures to reduce and mitigate anglers being within proximity of each other.
Some Larger events may be postponed and rescheduled as needed or as required by local governments where anglers must travel large distances and could be separated from their families for a period of more than 2-days. When these postponements are made, we will notify all anglers affected.
ABA is providing guidance to our tournament directors and managers on how to properly operate our events to eliminate the need for large gatherings. These new procedures will be in effect until rescinded. An example of this would be briefings for all events that will be done with anglers in their boats, on the water the morning of the event instead of standing in the registration area. Weigh-ins will be altered slightly to provide appropriate distances among anglers. It will make our weigh-ins a bit longer but distancing personal contact will be greater than CDC guidelines.
We are asking members to take seriously the following guidelines for all events.
1. All persons should follow the CDC guidelines on everyday prevention of viral infections including: Wearing a mask, use of hand sanitizers, and avoiding close contact.
2. We request all anglers register online for all events (Reduce registration at the ramp)
3. Anglers wishing to register on-site (paying by Credit Card or Cash) will be accomplished during published registration times.
4. Anglers desiring to register on site by credit card should call their tournament director during the registration time and register by phone.
5. Friday onsite check-in has been modified, anglers who are preregistered may call the director and check-in by phone.
6. The Friday evening Mandatory Meeting will be moved to Saturday morning with all boats in the water.
7. Arrive early to the ramp for launch, the new procedure will take more time since you will need to launch your rig on your own. Do not ask someone to launch you.
8. If you are a co-angler met your boater partner at the ramp instead of offsite.
9. Maintain a minimum of 6 feet of distance from any other angler during registration and weigh in with no more than 10 anglers grouped together.
10. Follow all directions from your tournament director
11. Be patient with other anglers and the tournament director's time is not important your health and safety are.
12. Wash your hands or use sanitizer frequently! Do not shake hands
13. Anglers should wear gloves while handling any object that is not your own or has been in the possession of others.
14. We will remove the restriction of only using ABA weigh bags. We will have ABA weigh bags available however you are encouraged to use your personal weigh bags when possible. At weigh-in we will used baskets to handle your fish from fish check through weighing.
Ray Scott Championship (multi-day event)
- Due to the length of the Rays Scott Championship and the distances anglers would have to travel, this event is being postponed until November 1st through November 7th. We have coordinated with Neil Paul at Visit Anderson and he has confirmed the rescheduled dates for the event. This action is in keeping with national and local government guidelines and will enable all angers who qualified to attend the new date.
- Anglers who are registered for the event will receive a personal email or phone call with additional instructions.
Bass Pro Shops Open Series and Bass Pro Shops Team events
- Registration and weigh-in for Bass Pro Shops Open Series and Bass Pro Shops Team events will be held outdoors at the weigh-in site on the stage trailer.
- Communications such as boat numbers and launch positions will be accomplished through SMS messaging.
All events (changes to tournament procedures):
Mandatory Briefings for all events will be held the morning of the event with boats on the water and engines off.
Less weigh bags will be put out for weigh in and anglers will be called by boat number to get a bag to weigh fish with.
ABA is continuing to monitor all situation closely through the CDC website and local and state sources and will issue additional guidance if the need becomes necessary. Again, fishing is the best way to get away from the crowds and ABA will operate events in the best way to mitigate gathering of anglers in one location. We ask each our members to be safe and recognize the importance of distancing during this time.
Military Team Bass Tournament
- Wheeler Lake - Rescheduled, Practice Days July 5,6,7, Tournament Days July 8,9, 10
- 04/18 Eufaula Rescheduled to 08/29/2020
- 3/21 Kerr Lake - Rescheduled to 06/28/2020
- 5/2 Gaston- Resceduled date TBD
- 5/9 Badin- Rescheduled date TBD
- 5/30 Norman- Rescheduled date TBD
- 03/28 Potomac - Rescheduled to 08/02/2020
- 04/18 Chesapeake - Reschduled to 08/22/2020
- 05/16 Chesapeake- Rescheduled TBD
- 3/21 Ross Barnett - Rescheduled to 05/10/2020
- 05/09 Ross Barnett- Rescheduled to 08/08/2020
- 05/10 Ross Barnett- Rescheduled to 08/09/2020
- 3/28 Chickamauga - Rescheduled to 06/27/2020
- 03/28 Okeechobee - Rescheduled to 09/26/2020
- 05/16 Okeechobee- Rescheduled 7/25
- 05/02 Harris Chain - Rescheduled 7/18
- 3/28 Sam Rayburn - Rescheduled to 06/21/2020
- 05/02 Sam Rayburn - Rescheduled TBD
- 04/18 Grand Lake - Rescheduled to 05/17 Eufuala
- 04/25 Clarks Hil - Rescheduled to 07/12/2020
- 04/25 Hamilton - Rescheduled to 06/07 Quachita
- 04/25 Sinclair - Rescheduled to 09/12/2020
- 09/18 Lake of Pines - Rescheduled to 07/18/2020
Ray Scott Championship
- 4/8 Ray Scott Championship - Rescheduled to 11/1-7/2020
- Division 25 - 4/05 Rescheduled to 05/03 Lake Hartwell
- Division 25 - 04/25-25 Rescheduled to 05/16-17 Lake Russel
- Division 19 - 04/19 Rodman Cancelled
- Division 93 - 04/18 - Alum Creek Cancelled
- Division 93 - 05/02 Buckeye Cancelled
- Division 54 - TBD
- Division 15 - 04/04 Neuse River - Rescheduled to 5/10/2020
- Division 17 -04/11 Roanoke - TBD
- Division 17 - 04/25 Gaston - TBD
- Division 91 - 04/18 Wheeler -TBD
- Division 91 - 05/02 Wheeler -TBD
- Division 60 - Cancelled all remaining events
- Division 16 - 04/04 Falls - TBD
- Division 16 - 04/18 Kerr - TBD
- Division 14 - All April Tournaments Cancelled
- Division 60 (New Mexico)
- Division 13 - 04/04 Gaston Cancelled
- Division 13 - 04/25 Kerr Reschedule TBD
- Division 13 - 05/09 Gaston Cancelled
- Division 13 - 05/23 Chickahominy TBD
- Division 12 - 3/29 Reschedule TBD
- Division 10 - 04/05 & 04/10 Reschedule TBD
- Division 11 - 04/05 & 04/25 Reschedule TBD
- Division 36 - 03/29 Reschedule TBD
- Division 52 - 04/04 Reschedule TBD
- Division 57 - 03/28 Reschedule TBD
- Division 39 - 04/04 Reschedule TBD
- Division 05 - 4/19/2020 TBD
- Division 05 - 4/26/2020 TBD
- Division 05 - 5/03/2020 TBD
- Division 40 - 04/11 Kentucky Lake Cancelled
- Division 125 - 04/04 Lanier Cancelled
- Division 125 - 04/18 Carters Cancelled
- Division 50 - 04/11 Dardanelle Cancelled
- Division 58 - 04/11 Big Hill Cancelled
- Division 111 - 04/11 Toledo Bend Cancelled
- Division 88- 04/25/ Neely Henry
- Division 92- 04/18 Berlin Lake
- Division 48- 04/25 Bistineau
- Division 49- 04/11 Truman
- Division 33-04/11 Kentucky Lake
- Division 40 - 04/18 Kentucky Lake Cancelled
- Divison 66- 04/26-- Melvern
- Division 12 - 04/26 Eufaula Cancelled
- Division 17 - 05/09 Chowan River Cancelled
- Division 17 - 05/30 Roanoke River Cancelled
- Division 102 = 05/09 Kerr Lake Cancelled
- Division 11 - 03/29 Lake Murray TBD
- Division 11 - 04/11 Santee Cancelled
- Division 11 - 04/25 Wateree Cancelled
- Division 5 - 04/04 Harding Cancelled
- Division 5 - 04/25 Lanier Moved to Lake Russel Hwy 72 Boat Ramp
- Division 8 - 04/05/2020 Kentucky Lake TBD
- Division 65 - 04/18/2020 Grand Lake Cancelled
- Division 12 - 04/11/2020 Grand Lake Cancelled
- Division 4 - 04/19/2020 Mountain Island Cancelled
- Divison 126- 04/18/2020 Cancelled
- Division 6 - 05/02/2020 Cancelled
- Division 6 - 05/16/2020 Cancelled
- 04/04 Lake Lanier--10/24/2020
Bass Pro Shops Opens Series - Kerr 3/21 Rescheduled DUE DNR restriction
Bass Pro Shops Opens Series - Ross Barnett 3/21 Rescheduled DUE local authorities. Rescheduled date 05/01/2020
Bass Pro Shops Opens Series - Potomac River 3/28 To Be Rescheduled DUE DNR restriction.
Bass Pro Shops Opens Series - Chickamauga 3/28 To Be Rescheduled DUE local authorites. Rescheduled date 06/27/2020
Bass Pro Shops Opens Series - Lake Okeechobee 3/28 To be Rescheduled DUE local authorites. Rescheduled date 09/26/2020
Bast Pro Shops Opens Series - Sam Rayburn 3/28 To Be Rescheduled DUE DNR restriction Rescheduled date 06/21/2020
Bast Pro Shops Opens Series - Sam Rayburn 05/02 To Be Rescheduled DUE DNR restriction Rescheduled
All Entries will be rolled over to the new dates.
If you have questions contact your local tournament director or email [email protected]
American Fishing Tour - Latest News
Reeves Takes the win on Lake Istokpoga
The wind blew Saturday and it rained off and on all day Sunday (hard), even at the weigh-in. But we had the best day fishing this year, six contestants weighed in over 103 lbs. Brain Reeves of Sebring, FL won the Bass Pro Shops Fishing Tour D28 two-day tournament held April 25th. Running out of Windy Point Ramp Brain brought back a two-day total weight of 34.18-lbs. anchored with a nice 7.63-lb kicker. For the win, he took home $588.
Bobby and Karen Holman win on Lake Mitchell
Bobby and Karen Holman won the Bass Pro Shops Couples Series, operated by American Bass Anglers, Central Alabama Division 1 tournament, held May 16, 2020, on Lake Mitchell. Running out of Higgins Ferry boat ramp out of Clanton, AL, they caught 5 bass weighing 14.85 pounds. For the victory, they earned a check for $500.00. Bobby won the Man’s Big Fish with a 4.39-pound kicker. They caught their fish early in the morning in shallow water.
Clarks Hill Double Header
July 6, 2020, Athens, AL. July 11 and 12 ABA and Bass Pro Shops will host a doubleheader weekend on Clarks Hill Lake in McCormick, SC. The second and third tournaments for the Bass Pro Shops Open Series South Carolina Division will be held. Both events will launch from 272 Chamberlain Ferry Road McCormick, SC 29835.
In June of 2018 Daniel Howell of Prosperity, South Carolina won on Clarks Hill with 15.37 pounds and reported catching his fish
Penney and Lowe Take Home $9000 on Weiss
ATHENS, Ala. – The 2020 Bass Pro Shops Alabama Team Tour’s 3rd event was held on Weiss Lake at Little River Marina with 90 teams fishing. Finishing in 1st place with 5 fish weighing 19.38 lbs. was Hunter Penney and Charles Lowe winning a $9,000. They caught the winning string fishing topwater, swim jigs in the grass and flipping plastics in treetops.