2019 Bass Pro Shops Fishing Tour
Athens, AL. American Bass Anglers (ABA) announced today the 2019 season for the Bass Pro Shops Fishing Tour (AFT). The tour is a draw format that offers more than seventy divisions with 600-900 tournaments per season across the eastern half of the United States. Members of ABA qualify for the year-end national championship by competing locally in a minimum of four one-day divisional qualifying events and a Divisional two-day championship.
The 2019 Championship will be held on Lake Eufaula, in Eufaula, AL October 13-18, 2019. After competing in their local divisional two-day championships, the top 500 anglers by points are invited to compete in the Championship.
Each AFT division schedules six to ten one-day events and a year-end divisional championship. Members point standings are based on their best four one-day events and their best two-day divisional championship. Many members fish multiple divisions, and they accrue points both within the division(s) and nationally.
In the 2019 Angler of the Year program, divisions will be able to submit more anglers as finalist to the program based on annual participation within their division. A division’s Angler of the Year is the top angler by points within a division who has fished in four one-day tournaments and one two-day divisional championship and fished all five of these events within a division.
• All divisions top points holder (Division Angler of the Year) will advance to the Championship Angler of Year program
• Divisions that average 20 or more anglers will submit one additional finalist to the Angler of Year program (total of two). The additional finalist must be second place by points in the division; no substitutions will be allowed.
• Divisions that average 30 or more anglers will submit two additional finalists to the Angler of Year program (total of three). The additional two finalist must be second and third place by points in the division; no substitutions will be allowed.
• Divisions that average 40 or more anglers will submit three additional finalists to the Angler of Year program (total of four). The additional three finalist must be second, third and fourth place by points in the division; no substitutions will be allowed.
• Divisions that average 50 or more anglers will submit four additional finalists to the Angler of Year program (total of five). The additional four finalist must be second, third, fourth and fifth place by points in the division; no substitutions will be allowed.
The Angler of the Year finalists will compete at the National Championship for the title of Angler of the Year. The highest finishing AOY finalist at the National Championship will be awarded Angler of the Year and win a Triton Bass Boat rigged with a Mercury Marine Outboard.
How are points awarded?
One-day Divisional events are worth up to 200 points for first place with a one-point separation per place. Anglers not catching a fish at a one-day qualifier will be awarded 50 show points. Here is an example of points awarded at a one-day event with 20 anglers.
1st – 200, 2nd – 199, 3rd – 198, 4th – 197, 5th – 196, 6th – 195, 7th – 194, 8th – 193, 9th – 192, 10th – 191, 11th – 190, 12th – 189, 13th – 188, 14th – 187, 15th – 186, 16th – 185, 17th – 184, 18th – 183, 19th – 182, 20 – 181.
Two-day Divisional Championships are worth up to 400 points for first place with a two-point separation per place. Anglers not catching a fish at a two-day Divisional Championship will be awarded 100 show points. Here is an example of points awarded at a one-day event with 20 anglers.
1st – 400, 2nd – 398, 3rd – 396, 4th – 394, 5th – 392, 6th – 390, 7th – 388, 8th – 386, 9th – 384, 10th – 382, 11th – 380, 12th – 378, 13th – 376, 14th – 374, 15th – 372, 16th – 370, 17th – 368, 18th – 366, 19th – 364, 20 – 362.
A perfect score for the season nationally and within a division is a maximum 1,200 points.
What is the advantage of counting only your best four one-days and your best two-day championship? It allows you to only use your best tournament finishes for both your divisional and national points to qualify for the Championship and Angler of the Year Program.
The only fishing rule change for 2019: The use of the A-Rig/Umbrella Rig will no longer be banned. There are simply too many forms of the Umbrella Rig to monitor, the ability to use them and which configuration will be left to the state law(s) that governs their use.
Entry fees remain the lowest in the country for the weekend angler at $70 for a one-day event, $140 for a divisional championship and $170 for the National Championship.
Anglers can register for events online or in person the morning of the tournament. Anglers should register 10 days prior to the event in order to prevent a five-dollar late fee. Angler registering onsite and becoming a member or renewing their membership are not charged a late fee.
Other ways to avoid paying a late fee:
• Active Duty Military
• Life Member
• Platinum Members
• Visiting Director
• Hall of Fame Members
Why fish the Bass Pro Shops Fishing Tour?
1. Guaranteed use of your boat in all events! The top 250 anglers at the end of the season get guaranteed use of their boat at the 2019 Championship.
2. Low Entry Fees $70 for one-day event
3. Qualify for the National Championship by fishing close to home.
4. National Coverage – Directors provide results and information which is posted on americanbassanglers.com
5. No meetings. Just show up the morning of the event and register.
6. Be apart the largest weekend angler tournament circuit and community in the country.
7. Large year-end Championship with new Triton Boats, Mercury Outboards, and many draw prizes and awards.
8. One of the big reasons our members tell us why they fish the AFT is how many close friends they have made over the years. It’s about being a part of something much larger and shared interest.
Ray Scott said it best, “You will never learn as much by fishing with the same person as you do by fishing with different anglers, this is the single best way to learn how catch more bass.”
Learn more about American Bass Anglers and the Bass Pro Shops Fishing Tour at AmericanBassAnglers.com or call your local director or call American Bass Anglers at (256)232-0406
American Bass Anglers commitment is to provide low cost, close to home tournaments for the weekend angler and at the same time offer each competitor an upward path for individual angler progression. For more information about American Bass Anglers and the Bass Pro Shops Fishing Tour, the Bass Pro Shops Open Series, the Bass Pro Shops Team Tour, or the Bass Pro Shops Couples Series visit www.americanbassanglers.com.
American Bass Anglers, Inc. is supported by Triton Boats, Mercury Outboards, Hydrowave, T-H Marine, Abu Garcia, Berkley, Garmin, Maui Jim, Power Pole, SiriusXM, and GEICO. American Bass Anglers, Inc. can be contacted at (256) 232-0406 or visit AmericanBassAnglers.com.
American Fishing Tour - Latest News
Kerr Reservoir to Host the 2021 AFT Championship
ATHENS, Ala. – October 27, 2020 -- American Bass Anglers announced today the 2021 American Fishing Tour Championship will be hosted by Mecklenburg County Tourism and will take place Oct. 17-22, 2021, on Kerr Reservoir in Mecklenburg County, Virginia.
North GA Couples kicks off 2021 season with double header on Lake Lanier.
October 3 brought post frontal winds and bluebird skies, starting the day off with waning harvest moon. With some fall transition it made for some challenging fishing but beautiful weather to be on the lake. With 8 teams fishing there was only one limit brought to the scales but all others had at least one keeper to weigh, with exception of one team who had to leave lake early due to boat problems.
2021 Bass Pro Shops Open Series 2021 Registration
October 19, 2020, Athens, AL. Registrations for the 2021 Bass Pro Shops Open Series registration begins this morning, Monday, October 19, 2020 at 8:00am central time.
Team Tour Championship Postponed
Out of an overabundance of caution The Team Tour Championship that was scheduled for 10/10-11/2020 on Wheeler Lake has be postponed. The National Weather Service is forecasting winds of 10-20 mph with gust up to 35mph for Saturday, and winds of 10-15 mph with gust up to 20 mph Sunday. The safety of our anglers is the number on concern and factor when making the tough decisions on postponing a tournament. The new dates for the Team Tour Championship will be November 21-22 on Wheeler Lak