Becoming an ABA American Fishing Tour Director
If you are interested in becoming a director for ABA, here is some basic information on being a director. PDF Application
Some of the areas that are open:
Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, South Dakota, New York, Kentucky (Green River, Barren River, Nolin, Cumberland River and Dale Hollow Areas), Colorado, South Texas, Southern Arkansas, Ohio North, Northeast Tennessee, Eastern Tennessee, South Central Tennessee. If you are in an area where you drive more than 1.5 hours to fish an American Fishing Tour event your area may be considered too.
What is the criteria on becoming an ABA director?
- Be a current member of American Bass Anglers
- Have strong leadership skills and be sure to follow the ABA Director’s guidelines
- Promote the Series, ABA and our national sponsors as well as any local sponsors you might have
- Be organized both pre and post events
- Provide pre and post tournament information
- Run a very well organized event
- Work with our support team both pre and post your events
- We have a support team here to help you along the way and provide step by step instructions on running the events. The main reason for this consistency.
- Director's Aggreement: Directors are required to sign an agreement outlining responsibilities, non-competition requirements, and non-disclosure information.
Division: Each division will have a minimum of six (6) tournaments (5 one-day events and 1 two-day event) taking place after January 1st of the tournament year. Divisions may elect to have additional events and "early bird" events in the fall of each year.
Divisional Schedules: Each director will be responsible for establishing their schedule along with confirming ramps and lakes as set forth in this handbook. Directors should research the lake sites and establish tournaments on those lakes that they feel will draw the largest field.
Headquarters will provide basic equipment for the successful and efficient operation of divisional tournaments.
- ABA Director software
- Scales (deposit required before being shipped. Deposits are refundable upon successful return of equipment to ABA Headquarters.)
- Weigh bags
- Forms (hard copy can be supplied. They will also be available on-line for director download)
- Special On-line access
- Divisional Web Page with stories for your division added and promoted on Social Media.
- Director’s handbook
- Divisional Fliers (PDF download)
- National Media via the web and social media
- Commission on all divisional entries
- Commission on all memberships taken onsite at divisional events
- Full Support Staff (Monday through Friday 8 am - 5 pm CST)
The Process: Once we receive your application, process it we will contact you to help you form your division. You will be required to fill out an ABA Director's Agreement before we form the new division.
Thank you for your interest
American Bass Anglers, Inc
American Fishing Tour - Latest News
R. V. Mann Jr. wins on Lake Gaston
R. V. Mann Jr., of Whitkers, North Carolina won the AFT Division 17, North Carolina Central tournament on Lake Gaston. The event was held on Lake Gaston on 17 November 2018, launching out of Salmon Landing (Little Stonehouse Creek) off of 903 in Littleton, North Carolina. It was a tough day of fishing starting off in the lower 30’s, warming to around 55 in the afternoon.
Kerry and Heather Wilson win on Lake Jordan
ATHENS, Ala. – Kerry and Heather Wilson won the American Couples Series, operated by American Bass Anglers, Central Alabama Division 1 tournament, held November 10, 2018, on Lake Jordan. Running out of the Bonnor’s Landing, the team caught 5-bass weighing 10.31-pounds. For the victory, they earned a check for $405.00. The Wilson’s caught their fish on swim jigs.
BLACK FRIDAY thru CYBER MONDAY
Garmin & TH Marine Drawing
Register for a package in the ABA Open Series or 100% Team Trail and be entered in a drawing for $1000.00 worth of Sponsor Products;
1. Garmin Ecomap Map Chart Plotter/Sonar Combo 63SV
2. TH Marine Hydrowave
3. TH Marine 2-Way Alarm
4. TH Marine G-Juice 2ea
Online Registration Only
Offer valid for four days only - Friday, Nov. 23rd thru 26th
Galbraith and Mason win the Triton 100% Plus Team Tour Championship
The team of Roy Galbraith of Guin, Alabama and Richard Mason of Athens, Alabama took home the win in the American Bass Anglers Triton Plus 100% Team Tour Championship, held on Pickwick Lake November 3rd and 4th, 2018. Launching out of McFarland Park in Florence, Alabama, the team of Galbraith and Mason caught a five-bass limit on day one weighing 17.28-pounds