Becoming an ABA American Fishing Tour Director
If you are interested in becoming a director for ABA, here is some basic information on being a director. PDF Application
Some of the areas that are open:
Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, South Dakota, New York, Kentucky (Green River, Barren River, Nolin, Cumberland River and Dale Hollow Areas), Colorado, South Texas, Southern Arkansas, Ohio North, Northeast Tennessee, Eastern Tennessee, South Central Tennessee. If you are in an area where you drive more than 1.5 hours to fish an American Fishing Tour event your area may be considered too.
What is the criteria on becoming an ABA director?
- Be a current member of American Bass Anglers
- Have strong leadership skills and be sure to follow the ABA Director’s guidelines
- Promote the Series, ABA and our national sponsors as well as any local sponsors you might have
- Be organized both pre and post events
- Provide pre and post tournament information
- Run a very well organized event
- Work with our support team both pre and post your events
- We have a support team here to help you along the way and provide step by step instructions on running the events. The main reason for this consistency.
- Director's Aggreement: Directors are required to sign an agreement outlining responsibilities, non-competition requirements, and non-disclosure information.
Division: Each division will have a minimum of six (6) tournaments (5 one-day events and 1 two-day event) taking place after January 1st of the tournament year. Divisions may elect to have additional events and "early bird" events in the fall of each year.
Divisional Schedules: Each director will be responsible for establishing their schedule along with confirming ramps and lakes as set forth in this handbook. Directors should research the lake sites and establish tournaments on those lakes that they feel will draw the largest field.
Headquarters will provide basic equipment for the successful and efficient operation of divisional tournaments.
- ABA Director software
- Scales (deposit required before being shipped. Deposits are refundable upon successful return of equipment to ABA Headquarters.)
- Weigh bags
- Forms (hard copy can be supplied. They will also be available on-line for director download)
- Special On-line access
- Divisional Web Page with stories for your division added and promoted on Social Media.
- Director’s handbook
- Divisional Fliers (PDF download)
- National Media via the web and social media
- Commission on all divisional entries
- Commission on all memberships taken onsite at divisional events
- Full Support Staff (Monday through Friday 8 am - 5 pm CST)
The Process: Once we receive your application, process it we will contact you to help you form your division. You will be required to fill out an ABA Director's Agreement before we form the new division.
Thank you for your interest
American Bass Anglers, Inc
American Fishing Tour - Latest News
Billy Wright Jr. wins at South Watuppa Pond
Athens, AL. - Billy Wright Jr. of Fall River, MA won the Bass Pro Shops Fishing Tour Division 5 New England East tournament presented by American Bass Anglers. Running out of the state ramp in Fall, River, MA Billy Jr. brought back a 5 fish limit that locked in the scales at 11.26 lbs. anchored by a 2.8 lbs. kicker. For the victory, Billy took home a check for $543.00.
Donathan and Sherry Jacks win on Logan Martin Lake
ATHENS, Ala. – Donathan and Sherry Jacks won the Bass Pro Shops Couples Series, operated by American Bass Anglers, Central Alabama Division 1 tournament, held March 16, 2019, on Logan Martin Lake. Running out of Lakeside Landing, the team caught 5 bass weighing 13.06 pounds. For the victory, they earned a check for $405.00. They caught their fish on swim baits.
Georgia Anglers To Tackle Sinclair
ATHENS, Ala. – The Georgia Division of the 2019 Bass Pro Shops Open Series presented by American Bass Anglers will host the second event on April 27, 2019, on Lake Sinclair in Eatonton, GA.
In 2018 Justin Lanier won this event with 19 pounds concentrating on mid-lake with an active shad spawn. Mathew Bullock won the Co-Angler with 8.38 pounds.
The event will launch at Dennis Station Boat Ramp, located at 120 Bagley Lane, Eatonton, GA, 31024. Anglers may begin fishing at 6:30a.m. or safe light. The weigh-in will begin at 3:00p.m. Registration begins at 4 p.m. local time at the ABA stage trailer located at Dennis Station Boat Ramp with the tournament briefing to begin at 7:00 p.m. Friday evening.
North Alabama Team Tour Heads to Neely Henry
ATHENS, Ala. – The North Alabama Division of the 2019 Bass Pro Shops Team Tour operated by American Bass Anglers will hold its second event of the season on April 14, 2019 on Lake Neely Henry in Gadsden, AL. The competitors will launch at Coosa Landing located at 200 Lake St, Gadsden, AL 35903. Registration begins at 4 p.m. local time at the stage trailer at Coosa Landing with the tournament briefing to begin at 6:30 p.m. Saturday evening.
To register for this tournament, Click Here!