Hookerton , NC
Competition Team: ASC
Member Since: 2011-07-26
2019 National Standings
2019 Division Point Standings
2019 Service Team Standings (American Fishing Tour Only)
2019 Tournament Results
What Truck, Boat and Outboard does Chad run?
- 1990 - Javelin 395 - 19 1/2'
- 1990 - Evinrude 200 XP
- BJ & Sons Tackle - Custom Rod Building
What Chad does for a living:
- I am a Manufacturing Engineer, at Bijur Delimon in Eastern North Carolina.
- I Program CNC machining centers and make the fixtures that go on them.
What you should know about Chad:
- I am the Director of the ABA North Carolina East - Division 15 American Fishing Tour
How Chad started fishing
- As a young boy my dad starter me fishing, but my youngest son want to fish and we started fishing a club and the rest is history.
Aspirations or goals with fishing
- My aspirations is to be the best I can be. My goal is to win 3 or 4 tournaments a year or more, and weigh in over 10#. I have completed one of my goal of 5 bass weigh in, and have done it more than 4 time.
Favorite way to fish
- Crank Baits
- Worms in the Summer
- Because it works!
Most exciting fishing experience
How Chad preps for a tournament
- Work with and Study - Google Maps
- Practice More than I Do
- Setting Up my Rods and Reels
- And Load my Way Points in to my HDS's
Three favorite search baits
- Crank Baits, Spinner Baits, and Worms.
Best tournament finish and what you did that day when you were fishing.
- I was finshing a October tournament on Buckhorn Reservoir outside of Wilson, NC. I had not caught anything all day, it was about 12 noon. So I pull out a top water bait and started fishing with it and I caught a 15" bass, on Buckhorn bass needs to be 16". About 5 min. later I caught one more but it was 13" so I moved on and about 1:15, I caught a 9.28# and won the tournament and Big Bass as well.
Most challenging part of tournament fishing
When tournaments don't go my way
- There will be better day's.
Advice to give to an aspiring tournament angler:
- More Practice
- And Practice More!!!
- Study Maps
- And Study Maps More!!
Some shared general bass fishing techniques for people just getting into the sport
- Learn to use worms and jigs.