Bass Pro Shops 150 Series Championship Rules
Effective September 28/29, 2019
Entry Fees - $200 per team
The following rules are supplements to the 2019 Bass Pro Shops 150 Series tournaments rules and apply to the Bass Pro Shops 150 Series Championship. These rules may be changed at any time. Interpretation and enforcement of these rules shall be left exclusively to the Tournament Director or his/her designee at a tournament. The decision of the tournament director will be final in all matters.
i. This tournament is open only to current members of ABA who qualified in one or more of the 2019 Bass Pro Shops 150 Series events.
ii. A properly completed and signed official entry form and entry fee must be received by ABA HQ prior to Wednesday September 18th, 2019, or at the official on-site registration. Entries received after the entry deadline date will be assessed a $25.00 late fee. Entry fees may be refunded excluding processing fee, if notification is made to ABA Tournament Department prior to entry deadline date, NO EXCEPTION.
1. On-Site Check in, Meeting and Launch Position:
i. Onsite check-in will be September 26th from 3 pm to 5pm pm local time at the Bass Pro Shop. 1 Bass Pro Drive, Branson, MO. It is mandatory that each team member check-in in person at the designated site.
ii. Mandatory Meeting: A mandatory Rules and Safety meeting will be held at 5:30pm following on-site registration. All teams are required to attend, failure to attend will result in disqualification.
iii. Launch Position: Day one boat launch position will be random draw.
2. Practice, Communications, Polygraph and Off Limits:
i. Off Limits; There is no off limits for this event.
ii. Practice/Assistance – During the official practice period, contestants may only pre-fish with their established partner, alone, with a member of his/her immediate family, another registered contestant of the tournament, a sponsor of American Bass Anglers or a member of American Bass Anglers staff. Contestants may not receive assistance from anyone other than another contestant for the purpose of locating or catching fish during competition days. Contestants are not allowed to practice after the start of the tournament briefings.
iii. Communications; During official competition day(s), a competitor may not use a CB radio, a VHF marine-band radio, a cellular phone, texting or any other type of communication device to gain assistance in locating or catching fish. Competitors are permitted to transmit by radio or telephone only in the event of an emergency.
iv. Hole Sitting; During Tournament hours, the practice of “hole-sitting” is strictly prohibited. Competitors may not follow non-competitor’s boats for the purpose of locating fish.
v. Polygraph: By his/her signature on the official entry form, each competitor agrees to submit to a polygraph examination/truth verification method as determined by ABA and abide by its conclusion. The Tournament Director will have the discretion to determine the need for a polygraph/truth verification examination. In the event a competitor refuses to take or fails to pass the examination, he/she will be disqualified from the event in question and other disciplinary action taken as deemed appropriate in accordance with Rule 2 below.
In the event of a rule(s) violation, ABA will impose such sanctions, as deemed appropriate, including, but are not limited to the following:
i. Loss of fish in question.
ii. Loss of catch for the day
iii. Disqualification from the tournament in question
iv. Disqualification from future ABA events, which may be from a specific number of events, a specific period, or may be a lifetime disqualification.
v. Any different or additional penalties determined by the Tournament Director including but not limited to monetary fines, probation.
4. Federal, State and Local Laws: All teams must have a valid Missouri fishing license for tournament waters and are required to obey all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
5. Safety: Safety is paramount, and anglers must recognize that; fishing from an open boat is inherently dangerous, and as a result American Bass Anglers seeks to limit those hazards with reasonable safety rules. All 2019 150 Series Safety Rules apply.
6. Sportsmanship and Conduct: See 2019 150 Series Rules
7. Official Checkpoints: Official check-out and check-in will be accomplished at Table Rock State Park 5272 Mo-165, Branson Mo.
8. Weigh-in: Weigh-in for day one will be conducted at Table Rock State Park 5272 Mo-165, Branson MO, Weigh-in for day two will be conducted at the Bass Pro Shop, 1 Bass Pro Drive, Branson, MO.
9. SCORING: Tournament standings, auxiliary awards and final winners shall be determined by the pounds-and-hundredths weight of each team’s catch during the competition days. Only Largemouth, Smallmouth, Spotted or Redeye bass will be weighed. The limit for each team shall be five (5) of the above species and varieties measuring 15 inches or more on a flat board. Upon catching a 6th fish the team must immediately cull to the tournament limit. In the event tournament officials observe a team with more than the allowable limit in their position (in live-well) or if angler presents more that the allowable limit at weigh-in, tournament officials will cull down to the prescribed limit beginning with the largest fish.
10. Catch and Release: See 2019 150 Series Rules.
11. Late Penalty: Teams not at the official check‐in point at the appointed time will be assessed a one (1) pound per minute penalty and the penalty weight will be deducted from their total weight including any weight to be counted toward a Big Bass award. Any Contestant more than 15 minutes late will forfeit that day's catch.
12. Waiver and Release: As a condition of participation in the Championship Tournament, competitors must execute a Liability Release, Indemnification and Assumption of Risk Form at on-site registration.
Dennis Griffith Wins on Tensaw River
November 16, 2019, on the Tensaw River in Mobile, AL., Dennis Griffith of Stockton, AL., won the Bass Pro Shops Fishing Tour (BPSFT) Division 41 Alabama - Mobile tournament presented by American Bass Anglers (ABA).
South Carolina Couple's Division Cancels 11/16 Tournament
For the safety of all our anglers, the South Carolina Couple's Divison 11 event on Lake Murray scheduled for November 16th has been canceled due to the predicted weather.
For more information on this Division, event or any future event please contact Tom Bancroft at (843)697-6232.
John Rice and Paul Arnold Take Home Two New Tritons at Chickamauga
John Rice of Huntsville, Al and Paul Arnold of Woodville, Al. won the Bass Pro Shops Team Tour Championship, held October 5th and 6th on Lake Chickamauga. Launching out of Dayton Boat Dock and Grill. John and Paul went straight to work and caught a two-day limit of 10 bass weighing 36.51 pounds. For their victory, the team took home 2 Triton TX-17 boats equipped with 60 HP Mercury outboards and Garmin electronics valued at $40,000.