Bass Pro Shops 150 Series Championship Rules
Effective September 28/29, 2019
Entry Fees - $200 per team
The following rules are supplements to the 2019 Bass Pro Shops 150 Series tournaments rules and apply to the Bass Pro Shops 150 Series Championship. These rules may be changed at any time. Interpretation and enforcement of these rules shall be left exclusively to the Tournament Director or his/her designee at a tournament. The decision of the tournament director will be final in all matters.
i. This tournament is open only to current members of ABA who qualified in one or more of the 2019 Bass Pro Shops 150 Series events.
ii. A properly completed and signed official entry form and entry fee must be received by ABA HQ prior to Wednesday September 18th, 2019, or at the official on-site registration. Entries received after the entry deadline date will be assessed a $25.00 late fee. Entry fees may be refunded excluding processing fee, if notification is made to ABA Tournament Department prior to entry deadline date, NO EXCEPTION.
1. On-Site Check in, Meeting and Launch Position:
i. Onsite check-in will be September 26th from 3 pm to 5pm pm local time at the Bass Pro Shop. 1 Bass Pro Drive, Branson, MO. It is mandatory that each team member check-in in person at the designated site.
ii. Mandatory Meeting: A mandatory Rules and Safety meeting will be held at 5:30pm following on-site registration. All teams are required to attend, failure to attend will result in disqualification.
iii. Launch Position: Day one boat launch position will be random draw.
2. Practice, Communications, Polygraph and Off Limits:
i. Off Limits; There is no off limits for this event.
ii. Practice/Assistance – During the official practice period, contestants may only pre-fish with their established partner, alone, with a member of his/her immediate family, another registered contestant of the tournament, a sponsor of American Bass Anglers or a member of American Bass Anglers staff. Contestants may not receive assistance from anyone other than another contestant for the purpose of locating or catching fish during competition days. Contestants are not allowed to practice after the start of the tournament briefings.
iii. Communications; During official competition day(s), a competitor may not use a CB radio, a VHF marine-band radio, a cellular phone, texting or any other type of communication device to gain assistance in locating or catching fish. Competitors are permitted to transmit by radio or telephone only in the event of an emergency.
iv. Hole Sitting; During Tournament hours, the practice of “hole-sitting” is strictly prohibited. Competitors may not follow non-competitor’s boats for the purpose of locating fish.
v. Polygraph: By his/her signature on the official entry form, each competitor agrees to submit to a polygraph examination/truth verification method as determined by ABA and abide by its conclusion. The Tournament Director will have the discretion to determine the need for a polygraph/truth verification examination. In the event a competitor refuses to take or fails to pass the examination, he/she will be disqualified from the event in question and other disciplinary action taken as deemed appropriate in accordance with Rule 2 below.
In the event of a rule(s) violation, ABA will impose such sanctions, as deemed appropriate, including, but are not limited to the following:
i. Loss of fish in question.
ii. Loss of catch for the day
iii. Disqualification from the tournament in question
iv. Disqualification from future ABA events, which may be from a specific number of events, a specific period, or may be a lifetime disqualification.
v. Any different or additional penalties determined by the Tournament Director including but not limited to monetary fines, probation.
4. Federal, State and Local Laws: All teams must have a valid Missouri fishing license for tournament waters and are required to obey all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
5. Safety: Safety is paramount, and anglers must recognize that; fishing from an open boat is inherently dangerous, and as a result American Bass Anglers seeks to limit those hazards with reasonable safety rules. All 2019 150 Series Safety Rules apply.
6. Sportsmanship and Conduct: See 2019 150 Series Rules
7. Official Checkpoints: Official check-out and check-in will be accomplished at Table Rock State Park 5272 Mo-165, Branson Mo.
8. Weigh-in: Weigh-in for day one will be conducted at Table Rock State Park 5272 Mo-165, Branson MO, Weigh-in for day two will be conducted at the Bass Pro Shop, 1 Bass Pro Drive, Branson, MO.
9. SCORING: Tournament standings, auxiliary awards and final winners shall be determined by the pounds-and-hundredths weight of each team’s catch during the competition days. Only Largemouth, Smallmouth, Spotted or Redeye bass will be weighed. The limit for each team shall be five (5) of the above species and varieties measuring 15 inches or more on a flat board. Upon catching a 6th fish the team must immediately cull to the tournament limit. In the event tournament officials observe a team with more than the allowable limit in their position (in live-well) or if angler presents more that the allowable limit at weigh-in, tournament officials will cull down to the prescribed limit beginning with the largest fish.
10. Catch and Release: See 2019 150 Series Rules.
11. Late Penalty: Teams not at the official check‐in point at the appointed time will be assessed a one (1) pound per minute penalty and the penalty weight will be deducted from their total weight including any weight to be counted toward a Big Bass award. Any Contestant more than 15 minutes late will forfeit that day's catch.
12. Waiver and Release: As a condition of participation in the Championship Tournament, competitors must execute a Liability Release, Indemnification and Assumption of Risk Form at on-site registration.
|First Place Teams Wins a New Boat at Each Event!|
150 Series on Lake Lanier October 24, 2020
Bass Pro Shops 150 Series on Lake Wylie June 6, 2020
Bass Pro Shops 150 Series on Lake Chickamauga August 1, 2020
Bass Pro Shops 150 Series on Ross Barnett August 29, 2020
Bass Pro Shops Fishing Tour
2020 Championship Old Hickory Lake
July 22, 2020, Athens, AL. The Bass Pro Shops Fishing Tour 2020 Championship online registration will begin on July 27, 2020, at 8 am. This year’s championship will be on Old Hickory Lake in Gallatin, Tennessee Launching out of Sanders Ferry Park in Hendersonville, October 21, 22, and 23 with Sumner County Tourism hosting.
The event is seven days long, with Offical Practice starting on
North Carolina Heads to Norman
Athens, AL. The Bass Pro Shops Open Series North Carolina division will hold its fourth and final qualifier of the season on Lake Norman August 15. The event will launch out of Pinnacle located at NC Hwy 150 Mooresville NC 28117.
Hopkins and Jenkins Take Team Tour Win on Old Hickory
The Team of John Hopkins and Tad Jenkins won the Bass Pro Shops Team Tour event held July 26th on Old Hickory. Running out of Flippers in Gallatin, TN John and Tad brought back a 5-fish limit to the scales that weighed in at 16.96-lbs. For the victory, they took home $3,600.